- The personal information we collect and how we use it,
- With whom we share your information,
- The measures we take to protect the security of your personal information, and
- How you can communicate with us about your rights and choices.
This policy is written in English. To the extent a translated version conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
INFORMATION CLAW GLOBAL COLLECTS AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect different kinds of information that helps us run CLAW Global’s activities (including Operation Blue Freedom and similar activities), promote inclusion, raise awareness, and support for our mission. Here are the categories of information we collect and how we use it:
- Your Contact Information is used to provide information to you regarding CLAW Global activities and our mission, and to offer you opportunities to donate to CLAW Global. Contact Information includes your name, address, phone number, email address, health information.
- International Event Registration Data are used to organize events and ensure the safety of all participants. This data include your name, demographic information, emergency contacts, travel information, physician information, health information, workplace or organizational affiliations, passport information, and background check information.
- National and Local Registration Data are used to organize local and national activities and ensure the safety of all participants. This data include your name, demographic information, emergency contacts, physician information, health history, workplace or organizational affiliations, and background check information.
- Your Participation Data are used to operate CLAW Global activities, promote CLAW Global, solicit donations/fund raising, recognize/seek CLAW Global’s sponsors and partners, and maintain the history of CLAW Global. Participation data include your name, age, gender, participation history, images, video, and biographical information.
- Health and Research Data are used to understand and address trends and issues affecting the health and inclusion of people with disabilities. Health and research data include health screening data, survey data, and pre-participation medical form data. CLAW Global uses research data to influence governments, health care providers, and public health organizations to address disparities in access to health care and other public resources for people with disabilities. CLAW Global keeps your personal information confidential and only aggregated research data is published.
- Your Donation History is used for accounting, tracking your giving to CLAW Global, and thanking you for your gifts. We do not store your credit card information, and credit card payments are routed through payment card industry compliant third-party payment services.
- Online Message Boards and similar online tools maintained by CLAW Global allow you to disclose information about yourself publicly. Because of the public nature of these tools, other online users can access information you provide.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SHARE
- Payment Processing. CLAW Global uses third parties to provide credit card, bank, payment and information processing services. If you choose to make a donation online, by phone, through the mail, or by other means, we will share your personal information with our processing service providers. We authorize these service providers to use your personal information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We require these service providers by contract to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf.
- Medical Emergency. CLAW Global will disclose your personal information to medical professionals in an emergency.
- Third Party Researchers. CLAW Global may disclose your personal information confidentially with researchers, such as universities or public health agencies, who are studying disabilities and the impact of CLAW Global activities. Information will only be published in aggregate form without identifying any individual data subjects in such cases.
- Visa Assistance. CLAW Global may disclose your personal information with government authorities for the purpose of assisting you with any visas required for international travel to CLAW Global events.
- Necessity. CLAW Global will disclose your personal information as necessary to protect your vital interest, protect the vital interest of another person, protect public safety, respond to government requests, and report information as required by law.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- Limit the sharing of your information with third parties for direct marketing purposes;
- Obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you;
- Request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you;
- Receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you;
- Update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information;
- Have the processing of your personal information restricted or object to the processing of your personal information; and
- Have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate.