2-Day Outdoor Inoculation
- Scuba dive in a freshwater lake
- Depth Therapy in the midst of nature, in one of the lushest, wildest, pristine forests of Auroville
- Explore the charm of scuba diving in a deep granite quarry
- Experience the adventure of camping overnight at an outdoor site.
- Learn outdoor skills under the supervision of Special Forces Veterans
- Learn to pitch and strike a Pup Tent
- Learn basic navigation skills like finding directions using the sun and the stars, and reading a map and topographic map
- Learn basic survival skills like starting a fire, sourcing water and finding direction
- Enjoy a refreshing swim in the freshwater lake
- Catch the sunset and sunrise in open horizons
- Cherish the experience of a bone fire amidst nature
Schedule – Day 1
06:30 AM to 08:30 AM
Curated Forest Immersion walk and Introduction to ecological living.
08:30 AM to 09:30 AM
09:30 AM to 12:00 PM
Life Skills – Sourcing Water + Emergency Medical Skills
12:00 PM to 01:00 PM
01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
04:00 PM to 05:00 PM
Travel to the Quarry Site (Own Vehicles)
05:00 PM to 06:00 PM
Setting Up of Camp / Starting a Fire / Basic Navigation
06:00 PM to 07:00 PM
Swimming and Sunset Gazing
07:00 PM to 09:00 PM
Bon Fire, Dinner and Star Gazing
Schedule – Day 2
06:00 AM to 07:00 AM
Preparation for Scuba Diving
07:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Scuba Diving in the Quarry. (Breakfast to be served at the Quarry site)
11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
12:00 PM to 01:00 PM
Travelling Back to Revelation
01:00 PM – 02:00 PM
02:00 PM – 02:30 PM
02:30 PM – 03:30 PM
03:30 PM – 04:00 PM
04:00 PM – 05:00 PM
Forest Walk / Closing Address and Key Takeaways
Things to bring
- Raincoat or Umbrella
- Shoes – Should be able to withstand thorns, slush
- Clothing – Trekking Pants, Full sleeves for preventing mosquito bites
- Swimwear & Rashguard
- Moderate winter clothing
Prior skills and Knowledge level required – The course is designed for a person without any prior knowledge of the environment or ecology. It is designed to give an introduction to these knowledge domains and does not delve into academic rigour.
Learnings & Skills Imparted
Workings of natural factors – interactions of climate, vegetation, soil, and fauna
SCUBA – Introductory experience
- Sourcing water in the wild
- Starting a fire
- Setting up a camp
Post Course Followthrough
Further learning pathways
Continues Practice Modalities
Access to a closed group of peer learners
What Does the Cost Include?
The cost includes Meals for Day 1 (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for Day), Meals for Day 2 (Breakfast, Lunch) and activities outlined in the schedule.
What is not included?
- Local Commute and Transportation.
- Accommodation is not provided however sleeping arrangements will be arranged at the campsite in tents.
How To Reach
Auroville Visitor’s Centre– Revelation Forest is just 5 min walk from the Matrimandir and Auroville Visitors Centre.
Nearest Airport: Puducherry airport is approximately a 20-minute (11 km) drive away from the forest.
Nearest Railway Station: The Puducherry railway station is approximately a 30-minute (15 km) drive away.
October to February is one of the best times to travel to Tamil Nadu, particularly Auroville. The weather is pleasant and moderate. Nov and Dec is also the rainy season in Tamil Nadu. Thus, it is advised to be prepared for rains. The rains make the forests of Auroville even more beautiful.