1-Day Nature Immersion
- Connect with nature intimately through all your senses
- Dept Therapy in the midst of nature, in one of the lushest, wildest, pristine forests of Auroville
- Understand the workings of nature through an introduction to environmental and ecological principles.
- Familiarisation with Intricacies of living in harmony with nature (sustainability and eco-friendliness)
Schedule – Day 1
06:30 AM to 08:00 AM
Curated Forest Immersion walk
08:00 AM to 09:00 AM
09:00 PM to 10:00 AM
10.00 PM to 12:00 PM
Pool session / Depth Therapy – Freediving / SCUBA
12:00 PM to 03:00 PM
03:00 PM to 04:00 PM
04:00 PM to 05:00 PM
Sunset walk in the forest
Things to bring
- Raincoat or Umbrella
- Shoes – Should be able to withstand thorns, slush
- Clothing – Trekking Pants, Full sleeves for preventing mosquito bites
- Swimwear & Rashguard
- Moderate winter clothing
Prior skills and Knowledge level required – The course is designed for a person without any prior knowledge of the environment or ecology. It is designed to give an introduction to these knowledge domains and does not delve into academic rigour.
Learnings & Skills Imparted
Workings of natural factors – interactions of climate, vegetation, soil, and fauna
SCUBA – Introductory experience
Post Course Followthrough
Further learning pathways
Continues Practice Modalities
Access to a closed group of peer learners
What Does the Cost Include?
The cost Includes 2 meals ( Breakfast and Lunch ) and activities outlined in the schedule.
What is not included?
- Local Commute
- Travel and Accommodation
How To Reach
Auroville Visitor’s Centre– Revelation Forest is just 5 min walk from the Matrimandir and Auroville Visitors Centre.
Nearest Airport: Puducherry airport is approximately a 20-minute (11 km) drive away from the forest.
Nearest Railway Station: The Puducherry railway station is approximately a 30-minute (15 km) drive away.
October to February is one of the best times to travel to Tamil Nadu, particularly Auroville. The weather is pleasant and moderate. Nov and Dec is also the rainy season in Tamil Nadu. Thus, it is advised to be prepared for rains. The rains make the forests of Auroville even more beautiful.